Lessons Learned are one of the most important and emphasized term used in Project Management (although not restricted to it).
As the title suggest; This post is about my Lessons Learned from the PMP (Project Management Professional) Exam Certification, that I write in 2010.
This post is a combination of all the lessons that I learnt before, during, and after the PMP Exam.
I would like you to note it down before appearing on the PMP exam.
Lessons Learned From PMP Exam
- Memorize and Know all Formula’s and its implication’s (Earned Value Etc).
- Know to Calculate Critical Path, Float, Forward / Backward Pass and Duration.
- Memorize and Know the Definition / Functionality / Implication of all Kinds of Charts (Flow Etc), Diagram’s (Pareto Etc).
- Memorize and Know all the Theories (Maslow’s Etc).
- Project Manager’s role, responsibilities and authority in different level of Organization’s (Matrix Etc).
- Project Manager’s Role in Change requests, Conflicts, Team building, Project Initiation and Closure.
- Project Manager’s Communication with Teams, Stakeholders especially with diverse cultures and distant locations.
- Different Organization structure (Matrix Etc).
- All Terms / Definitions of Every Topic and its implication or Usage.
- Estimating (Analogous Etc)
- Difference between Quality Assurance and Quality Control.
- Difference between Project Closure and Administrative Closure and Project Manager’s role in it.
- Charter and Scope.
- Procurement’s (contract Types Etc).
- Project Selection, Which project to select (EMV, NPV etc).
- Reports and Reporting (Progress, Trend Etc).
I take no responsibility or claim any guarantee that my PMP Lessons Learned will help you pass pmp exam.
Consider it a guidelines from some one who has been there, done that and now sharing his experience with all new PMP aspirants.
Some professionals consider PMBOK as a necessity for the PMP Exam, while other’s have distinct opinion.
Those were my Lessons Learned that I recall after attending and passing the exam.
Over to you;
What are your PMP Lessons Learned?
Please post it in the comment box below or in Forum .